About Organic Cotton
Did you know? In the US alone, cotton makes up just 2-3% of the crop land but 25% of the pesticide use.
But it doesn't have to
The difference buying organic cotton makes
When you buy organic cotton products, you are:
- supporting the health and financial well-being of the farmers around the world who cultivate it
- reducing the amount of pesticides used annually and thus the people exposed
- supporting sustainable farming and soil fertility
- cultivating a healthier home
What it means to be Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS) certified
- products and process have earned a top tier, global certification
- cotton is certified organic at every step of the process -- from farming to spinning to printing to cutting, and everything in between
- each of our materials are minimally processed, so you’re getting the purest fibers available
Each and every time you choose organic fibers over standard ones, you make a choice to change the environment and create a healthier home.
We want to keep giving you those choices.
It’s why we’ve devoted time -- and continue to devote even more -- into learning as much as we can about how to ethically produce the highest quality natural fibers for your home.
For us, it’s about our collective impact.
A positive environmental impact isn’t just our goal:
it’s the pursuit of every partner we work with.
We collaborate with our partners to keep prices low for you, so you can create a sustainable, healthy home.
Let’s Get Technical
Even more about organic cotton...
At Magnolia, we put our extensive backgrounds in textiles to work to develop each fabric we use ourselves. We adhere to very specific standards, from the length of the fibers to the types of spinning and the dyestuffs to the inspection process in order to deliver the purest, healthiest product.
A few of the details:
- We work with a long-staple length cotton. What this means for you: a smoother feel, for longer. Long-staple cottons are naturally more durable, so your sheets continue feeling soft for a long time coming.
- Our cotton is ring-spun. What this means for you: a noticeably softer product. Ring-spun cotton yarn (as compared to open-end yarn) means fibers are twisted to create the yarn, rather than wrapped, offering a more durable and higher-quality material.
- We work exclusively with GOTS-certified, low-impact, fiber-reactive dyes. What this means for you: less of an environmental impact, as low-impact dyes require less water in the rinse process (due to their higher absorption rate), and are created void of heavy metals like chrome, copper, and zinc. In addition, fiber-reactive dyes do not require toxic chemical mordants to fix to the fibers.
- We take pride in our process. What this means for you: extra confidence and comfort knowing the bedding, towels, and baby products you’re bringing into your home have gone through a meticulous production process where each step is certified organic.
- We have one of the lowest rates of return. What this means for you: our products rate highly amongst other families and homemakers, and we’re confident they’ll help you create the healthy, sustainable, and cozy home you crave for your family, as well.